Event driven digital circuit simulator with a tcl/tk interface
TkGate is a event driven digital circuit simulator with a tcl/tk-based
graphical editor. TkGate supports a wide range of primitive circuit
elements as well as user-defined modules for hierarchical design.
The distribution comes with a number of tutorial and example circuits
which can be loaded through the "Help" menu. The example circuits include
a simple CPU, programmed to run the Animals game.
- Easy to use point-and-click user interface.
- Customizable color configuration.
- Intelligent placement and movement of wires.
- Multi-bit buses.
- Hierarchical design through user defined modules.
- Six valued logic including 0, 1, floating, unknown, "low" and "high".
- Wide range of circuit elements including:
- Basic gates (AND, OR, etc.)
- Switch-level NMOS and PMOS transistors
- Tristate buffers
- Alu components (Adders, shifters, multipliers)
- Memory elements (Registers, RAMs, ROMs)
- A "tty" element which allows the creation of interactive circuits.
- Graphical display of simulation results.
- Breakpoints, single-step and clock-step simulator control.
- Includes a generic microcode/macrocode compiler for creating memory
- Simulations can be controlled through the GUI or through script files.
- Verilog-like save file format.
- Hyperlinks to move about in circuit or load other files.
- Can be configured to use Japanese interface (see README file).
- Supports static critical path analysis.
There is no official package available for openSUSE Leap 15.4