Singular is a computer algebra system for polynomial computations,
with special emphasis on commutative and non-commutative algebra,
algebraic geometry, and singularity theory.
Its main computational objects are ideals, modules and matrices over
a large number of baserings. These include
* polynomial rings over various ground fields and some rings
(including the integers),
* localizations of the above,
* a general class of non-commutative algebras (including the exterior
algebra and the Weyl algebra),
* quotient rings of the above,
* tensor products of the above.
Singular's core algorithms handle
* Gröbner resp. standard bases and free resolutions,
* polynomial factorization,
* resultants, characteristic sets, and numerical root finding.
There is no official package available for openSUSE Leap 15.4