Free Open-Source Disk Encryption Software
Based on TrueCrypt, freely available at <a href="http://www.truecrypt.org/">http://www.truecrypt.org/</a> .
RealCrypt is mainly just a rebrand to allow for modifications to take place,
functionality remains all the same.
- Creates a virtual encrypted disk within a file and mounts it as a
- Encrypts an entire hard disk partition or a storage device such as
USB flash drive.
- Encryption is automatic, real-time (on-the-fly) and transparent.
- Provides two levels of plausible deniability, in case an adversary
forces you to reveal the password:
1) Hidden volume (steganography).
2) No RealCrypt volume can be identified (volumes cannot be
distinguished from random data).
- Encryption algorithms: AES-256, Blowfish (448-bit key), CAST5,
Serpent, Triple DES, and Twofish. Mode of operation: LRW (CBC
supported as legacy).
There is no official package available for openSUSE Leap 15.4