QDirStat is a graphical application to show where your disk space
has gone and to help you to clean it up.
This is a Qt-only port of the old Qt3/KDE3-based KDirStat, now
based on the latest Qt 5. It does not need any KDE libs or
infrastructure. It runs on every X11-based desktop on Linux, BSD
and other Unix-like systems.
QDirStat has a number of new features compared to KDirStat.
To name a few:
- Multi-selection in both the tree and the treemap.
- Unlimited number of user-defined cleanup actions.
- Properly show errors of cleanup actions
(and their output, if desired).
- Configurable file categories (MIME types), treemap colors,
exclude rules, tree columns.
- Package manager support:
- Show what software package a system file belongs to.
- Packages view showing disk usage of installed software
packages and their individual files.
- Unpackaged files view showing what files in system directories
do not belong to any installed software package.
- New views:
- Disk usage per file type (by filename extension).
- File size histogram view.
- File age view.
- Free, used and reserved disk size for each mounted filesystem
For more details and screenshots, see
and the local documentation in
There is no official package available for openSUSE Leap 15.4